L’il Boo stopped trying to climb the single step for a moment and looked around to catch sight of me. He saw me behind him and beamed a bright smile, reassured that all was right with his world. And it occured to me how nice it was that he’s still at the stage where he looks to check that I am there, as opposed to Boogie, who has very much reached the age where she looks round to check I’m not.
A Cynical Moment
Feminist. Loud-mouth. Sometimes those two are linked. Sometimes not. View all posts by MistressofBoogie
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 at 11:58 am and posted in Child Rearing, L'il Boo. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Categoriesabortion Anti-Zeitgeist Art Awesome Females Beauty Boogie capitalism Child Rearing Crime Daily Mail Fashion feminism feminist parenting Films gender Gender Gibberish Hate I Just feel Sick L'il Boo Media Misogyny motherhood My Laws Won't Suck News Parenting Patriarchy Politics racism Rape Rape Culture Really Religion Science Sex Sexism Sport The Science Bit Violence Work Writing
TagsAlabama Andrea Dworkin Arthur Christmas baby led weaning bat shit crazy blogging Bodies bottle feeding boy in a dress breaking the silence breast feeding budget cuts button phobia Caitlin Moran Charlie Brooker Christmas Coraline cupcakes distance running dolphin love eating disorders Egyptian women Fashion Favianna Rodriguez Feminism loves men feminist parenting fish Florence and Millie Geena Davis Gender girl culture Girls' football Go Feminist GOP gusset it's my vagina so hands off crazy jeans John Lewis Joss Whedon Judy Eason McIntyre legitimate rape Lego Lidia Yuknavitch Lord Mayor's Show Mariah Burton Nelson memes Michael S. Kimmel mummy wars Nadine Dorries New Year Nina Turner pink Rape Crisis Christmas Campaign Rebecca Asher Reclaim the Night reproductive health Republican presidential candidates rick santorum ruling the world shoes simplicity smoking Stephen J. Gould street art Susie Orbach Tangled Teh Menz Theamat Top Cat Transgendered tristyntothesea urban art vulvas Wittgenstein Wonderwoman
- RT @Marniecollins1: Rosie, my beautiful fox-terrier still missing. It's 7 days. Couldn't go to sleep last night as I knew waking up this mo… 1 hour ago
- @cwknews ‘Grown-ups deserve a safe space from speech, but under-16s don’t deserve a safe space in which to undress: how extraordinary.’ 1 hour ago
- RT @NHSMillion: If the NHS doesn’t receive the funds it needs today it will be the clearest signal yet that May, Hunt and Co could not care… 5 hours ago
- RT @Sifill_LDF: For those "learning" and finally "seeing" the reality of sexual harassment suffered by women in the workplace, ask yourself… 5 hours ago
- @LilyLilyMaynard No evidence he was trans; even less evidence that that’s why he was killed. Transphobic how?? Erase the gay why dontcha? 16 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages